When my man asks for banana bread, he GETS banana bread! I think banana bread is a staple in every household, so finding the perfect (and healthy!) recipe was a top priority. I am happy to announce that I have succeeded at such a task because OMGGG this is drool worthy!
Tomorrow Sam starts his first day of fall semester for medical school… (silently screams). Every Sunday is a little lazy, but we made sure this particular one was extra lazy. Slept in, enjoyed our cinnamon hazelnut coffee together (killer), watched Netflix, shopped, and obviously we (I) baked! Moist, nutty, flavorful, crunchy from the walnuts, paleo, gluten and grain-free! Made with nothing but wholesome yumminess. Am I making you drool yet? 😉 Speaking of wholesome ingredients…
Coconut flour is high in fiber, protein, and healthy fats. Almond meal/flour gives a wonderful nutty flavor and is another good source of fiber, protein, and healthy fat, as well as being high in vitamin E. Lastly, both are low in carbs so that’s a WIN!
At only 118 calories a slice, this bread is perfect for anytime, anywhere, as much as you want! I love to enjoy mine with a delicious cup of tea or with a slather of almond butter on top.
DISCLAIMER: This bread is MOIST. And I mean moist. If that is kinda crampin’ your style, then add an extra 1/4 cup of almond meal to the batter.
If you make this delicious bread then make sure to tag #lavenderlists so I can see your awesome baking skills!
P.S. Please excuse the picture quality – currently shooting from an iPhone 6 until I get my hands on a Canon!
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (plus more for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix with an electric mixer.
- Add batter to greased loaf tin and sprinkle chopped walnuts on top. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut into 10 slices. Devour!
- Remember! This bread is super moist. If you want to cut the moisture than add another 1/4 cup of almond meal/flour.
- Adding chocolate chips or coconut flakes to this bread would be delicious.