If you’ve never heard of golden milk, you’re in for treat – a delicious one. It is one of my favorite night time drinks (other than tea). What makes it golden? I’m glad you asked. Turmeric! This B.A. spice contains many nutrients, particularly in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic (cancer fighting) agents. This drink is so warm and comforting, peppery, and has the right amount of richness thanks to the coconut oil. Whip this up before bedtime and start to drift off… (after that glass of vino, of course).
It has been a super busy week (good busy). New things happening at work (so excited!), but everyone needs a Sunday. Sunday is my day where I love to love myself. Taking care of yourself is sooooo important because guess what? You only get one body here on earth! So take good care of it : ) Turmeric looks identical to ginger, except it has an orange flesh (that loves to stain) instead of a yellowish one. Turmeric has been used in Chinese and Indian cultures for many, many years and is also used in lots of medicines. This powerful root is something you should definitely always have on-hand!
Golden milk is definitely an amazing elixir, but also so soothing and comforting for those nights where you need a little extra TLC. Whip some up tonight and tag #LavenderLists so that I can see your yummy creations!
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, optional
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- small pinch of black pepper and grated ginger (fresh is best)
- Simply pour all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a light boil. Whisk to combine ingredients.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the milk if you have large pieces of ginger, cinnamon, peppercorns, etc. To serve, add a dash of cinnamon.