Ooooooo baby, it’s FRIYAY! And it is also Sam and I’s 4-year anniversary! Crazy how time flies. To celebrate, I thought I would make the perfect fall drink! This drink is everything that fall is: crisp, delicious, cinnamony (that’s a word, right?), and full of color and flavor! You’re gonna wanna save this whole pitcher for yourself. At least I did. But I mean, it is our anniversary, so I shared 😉
Honeycrisp apples are the crème de la crème to Fall. Favorite apple by far (sorry, Granny Smith). I could live off of these bad boys. This delicious ball of fruit is a hybrid breed from Believe it or not, honeycrisp apples are the #1 desired apple in America. And soon, this drink will be too.
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 honey crisp apples, chopped
- 1 orange, thinly sliced
- 1 (750mL) bottle red wine (I used a Cab)
- 1 3/4 cups of apple cider
- 1/2 cup of brandy
- 1/4 cup of orange juice (or juice from 2 medium oranges)
- Juice from one lemon
- Place the cinnamon sticks, apple chunks, and orange slices into a large pitcher. Add wine, apple cider, brandy, orange juice, and lemon juice.
- Pour into some pretty glasses and enjoy!
- Use an unfiltered, unsweetened apple cider!
- I recommend letting the mixture sit in the fridge for 6-24 hours before serving to let things marinade.
- Add a splash of club soda for a bubbly addition!