Wow, I don’t even know how long I’ve been making these. My friends ask me all of the time for the recipe. The best part? They’re SO EASY! The fool proof kind of easy, too. I guarantee that these pancakes will quickly became a staple in your household. Mark my words. A benefit about these delicious little circles is that you can always change up the flavor. Pumpkin, cinnamon, blueberry, apple, mango, coconut, chocolate… literally whatever you want! This recipe is fantastic as is or used as a foundation for an even bigger and better creation! On this fabulous hump day, I went for a favorite – topped my stack with Justin’s honey almond butter and blistered blueberries. Um. DELISH. And it took me 10 minutes! Now that’s my kind of fast food.
These are great as a pre-workout OR a post-workout! Loaded with healthy, complex carbs and protein, it will fuel or refuel your body after a solid sweat sesh. Banana are a low GI food, which means their carbs are slowly-released into the body (a good thing) keeping your blood sugar stable and you full of energy. The less ripe it is, the better.Quick tip: don’t think that these are burnt. The bananas caramelize giving an appearance that they are burnt when in actuality – they’re purrrrrfect.
Whip up a stack using whatever flavors you like and tag #LavenderLists so I can see what your creative minds are up to! I hope you enjoy!
- 1 banana
- 1 egg
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (whatever flavor you would like)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Heat your skillet to medium - med/high heat. Grease with coconut oil.
- Mash the banana very well in a bowl. Once thoroughly mashed, add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Scoop even amounts of batter onto the skillet and cook until done. *Tip: wait for the pancake to get really bubbly before flipping.
- Top with blistered blueberries and almond butter or whatever else you would like!
- Enjoy!! And head to your workout 😉