Anything with cinnamon just screams ‘cozy’ to me. Let alone if it’s warm and baked! Baked pears will always be a favorite breakfast of mine. It is more like a treat, actually! Perfectly sweet with a little bit of spice and crunch. Wrap up in a comfy blanket, pour yourself a hot cup of coffee, and dive into this delicious dish.
Honey is normally called for a recipe like this, but I didn’t want the extra sweetness! Instead, I drizzled fresh almond milk on top for some extra moisture and it was perfect.
A couple awesome facts about pears is that they are very high in fiber. They contain more pectin than apples, which is pretty amazing. They also help level out your blood sugar and if you’re anything like me – this is a blessing in disguise! No one likes when someone’s blood sugar is running high or low… bring on the mood swings!
This is also one of Sam’s favorite breakfasts when he has time in the morning! My favorite thing in the entire world is when he likes my recipes. I feel like I am succeeding at my job as his wife – LOL
- 2 pears
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons almond milk
- 3 Tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the pears in half and scoop out the seeds of each half.
- Fill with walnuts and drizzle a tablespoon of almond milk over each half.
- Finish them off with a few dashes of cinnamon!
- Throw (not literally) them onto a baking tray and off they go into the oven for about 25 minutes.
- They would go very well served with some yogurt!