Well, pumpkin season is pretty much over and I have to say, I’m not mad. Definitely went a little hard with the pumpkin inspired recipes, but now I’m ready for cranberries and peppermint infused recipes! BUT, one more pumpkin recipe won’t hurt. 😉
I had one can of pumpkin left and totally hit a wall when trying to think of a recipe. Then Sam requested macaroni and cheese for dinner and BAM! it hit me. Put the pumpkin in the macaroni. Stay with me, here and have faith. It. was. delicious. Creamy, cheesy, warm, and comforting. The perfect meal on a chilly day.
We both love cooking with coconut milk and oil, and it added the perfect amount of richness to this recipe.
This is the perfect recipe for those days when you get home and just don’t feel like cooking, but want some comfort food. Some days I get home from work and all I want to do and lay on the couch and snap my fingers and food would appear (LOL). Luckily, this recipe took me 15 min to make, so it kind of was like snapping my fingers! Curl up on the couch with a movie on and enjoy <3
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Quinoa pasta (or whatever kind of pasta you prefer)
- Combine all ingredients (except for pasta) in a medium pot and bring to complete boil. Lower heat and stir until everything has melted together completely.
- Cook pasta normally on the stove.
- Once sauce has melted and mixed throughly, pour over cooked noodles.