Tuna salad is one of my favorite dishes! Unfortunately, it is normally made swimming in mayonnaise. Bleh. Not only is mayonnaise unhealthy to eat, but it is also a good way to put on a few elle-bees (lbs). Don’t fret, there is hope for us tuna salad lovers! Replace that mayo with some Greek yogurt! I promise you won’t even be able to tell the difference. I also added a fresh honey crisp apple because it’s fall and they are soooo delicious.
This tuna salad is perfect over a bed of greens (my fave way), as a sandwich, in a pita, tuna melts, or just plain! I love packing this stuff for Sam and I to take to school and work. Protein, low-cal, low-carb, and delicious. What more could you ask for?
- 1 5oz. can of tuna
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp spicy mustard
- 1 small apple, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- A little bit of lemon juice (to taste)
- Chop the apple, onion, and celery. Add to a bowl.
- Drain tuna and add it to the bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of greek yogurt and 1 Tbsp of spicy mustard.
- Add red pepper flakes, salt & pepper, and lemon juice.
- Mix thoroughly and serve!
- Sometimes I like to mix a little bit of quinoa in it too 🙂
- If you don't like spiciness, skip on the red pepper flakes!