Holy Christmas, I have struck gingerbread GOLD! These cookies are everything. A Christmas party right in your mouth. Molasses, ginger, cinnamon… warm, light, and fluffy. These cookies are pure perfection. I have been trying to think of a recipe that included peanut butter so that I could incorporate my Wild Friends Gingerbread PB… but I didn’t want the cookies to be dense. Solution? Almond flour. The almond flour brings a nutty flavor to the cookie and made it LIGHT AS AIR. You know how Krispey Kreme doughnuts are so light that it feels like you’re eating air? THAT’S WHAT THESE ARE LIKE. The best part? One cookie is only 94 calories. Please, hold your applause.
The perfect cooking to add to your holiday baking list. I don’t think I’ve ever made a cookie faster, either. One bowl, ingredients that [should] be in your pantry, and they only need to bake for 9 minutes. Have I won you over yet?
Molasses is a great unlined sweetener. Blackstrap molasses (unsulfured) is a healthier sweetener that contains significant amounts of many different minerals. Manganese, copper, iron, calcium, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6, and selenium are just a few to name! Pretty sweet, huh?
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup Wild Friends Gingerbread Peanut Butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon blackstrap, unsulfured molasses
- 3 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients to one large bowl and mix throughly (I used a hand mixer).
- Scoop 12 cookies onto your baking sheet and bake for about 9 minutes!
- Remove and let cool.
- ENJOY 🙂
- Nutrition: 94 calories, 6.3g fat, 6.6g carbs, 3.2g protein, 4.8g sugar