It’s Monday again?! What the? Well, don’t fret. New week, new goals – LETS DO THIS. And I have the perfect breakfast treat for you to start your week off with…
What is the best part of apple pie? THE APPLES. Cinnamon, sweet, tangy, and goupy… that last word may not sound the most appetizing, but it’s true! The apples are goupy. And I love it! The best part about this dish is that it tastes like apple pie, but a way healthier version. So healthy that I made it for breakfast this morning 🙂
I love anything tangy and tart, which is why I used a granny smith apple! They are lower in natural sugar too, which is a plus. If you aren’t into tart flavors, feel free to use whatever kind of happy you fancy.
Single servings. If you struggle with portion control, than single serving dishes are your new best friend. You can eat ALL of it and know that you still only ate the amount that was intended for you. Not the amount intended of 10 people. Raise your hand if you’ve been there before (my hand is raised).
Ugh, warm cinnamon apples with crunchy granola on top. The PERFECT chilly day breakfast OR dessert! Topped with some greek yogurt and we’re in business.
- 1 Granny Smith apple
- 1/2 cup granola (I used Purely Elizabeth)
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Greek yogurt, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Wash and carefully hollow out the apple, making sure not to cut too deep through the bottom of the apple.
- Mix oats, maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon together and spoon into the apple.
- Fill the bottom of a small baking dish with about 1/2 inch of water.
- Place the apple in the baking dish lined with water.
- Place 1/4 tsp of coconut oil on top of the oats. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with greek yogurt!
- Voila! Deeeelish