The best part of winter is making rich hot chocolate! Only downside is that often times hot chocolate is very high in calories, sugar, and fat. Eeek. Luckily, I have found the best *pure hot chocolate recipe that is still very rich, creamy, and chocolatey!
I topped mine with CoCoWhip by So Delicious. It is dairy free, non-GMO, gluten free, vegan, no hydrogenated oils, and zero trans fat. WINNING! It has a coconutty taste, too, that has me wanting to swan-dive into the container.
I love the taste of peppermint so I added some crushed candy cane on top of mine. The crunchy bits made my heart sing!
- 8 oz. of boiling water (or almond milk, whole milk, coconut milk)
- 1 Tablespoon raw cacao powder, heaping
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- A few shakes of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- CoCoWhip, for topping
- 1 mini candy cane, for topping, optional
- Boil water on the stove.
- In a VitaMix, add cacao, honey, coconut oil, cinnamon, and vanilla. Add boiling water and blend thoroughly.
- Add a spoonful of CoCoWhip and crushed candy cane.
- Bon appetit!