Latte’s of any sort make me happy. I’m always trying new things and new recipes. My most recent experiment was a matcha latte with coconut milk. I am currently on the Whole 30 and dairy is not allowed; therefore, I used coconut milk. You are more than welcome to use almond mylk with this recipe if you are not a fan of coconut! But I found that the matcha and coconut complimented each other very well.
This past Christmas I bought Sam a Nespresso machine and it came with a milk frother. Coolest. Thing. Ever. I use it all of the time! Sam is starting to think I bought him this present for myself… which is NOT true! 😉 I used the frother for this recipe, but using a blender or even a whisk will also work.
What is matcha? It is pure green tea in powder form and is a great drink to have at least 2x a day. Fun fact: it boosts your metabolism! So for all my peeps trying to lost a few lbs… time to invest in this green powder! I enjoyed my latte in a cozy knit sweater and it was the bees knees. Yes, I’m secretly 80 years old.
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup warm coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon matcha powder
- Mix the coconut milk and hot water together.
- Then add 1 teaspoon of matcha powder and blend thoroughly.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!
- Most people like to sweeten their matcha lattes with honey or maple syrup, but I actually like the more bitter taste that it brings. If you aren't a fan - add a teaspoon of honey!
- I used a milk frother to blend my ingredients, but a blender or whisk would work perfectly!