A perfect snack at work, school, post- or pre-workout… really for whenever! It also makes for a dessert or smoothie topper haha. Take note that these babies take about 3 hours to cook. It’s actually kind of nice because once you get them in the oven you can go about your day for 3 hours.
A few key notes about this recipe:
Lemon Juice: I dip the banana coins in fresh lemon juice before putting them on the parchment paper. The lemon juice makes it so that the banana’s do not brown quickly and more evenly.
RIPE Banana’s: I normally always eat banana’s when they are still a little green, but it is super important to use ripe banana’s for this recipe. Otherwise, they won’t be that sweet and you will also taste the lemon juice a tad.
- 3 ripe bananas, sliced
- Juice from half of a lemon
- Preheat oven to 190F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice banans, dip them in fresh lemon juice, and place on baking sheet.
- Put in the oven and cook for about 3 hours, flipping half way.
- Once they are done, let them sit out for a few hours to dry a little more.
- Then enjoy! They are delicious 🙂