Who doesn’t love mashed potatoes? Especially when they have a garlicky kick! MM, they are so good and the ultimate comfort food. A lot of people, however, are trying to stay away from potatoes, including myself. So of course I found a compromise! Mashed cauliflower. Stay with me here.
The entire time I was prepping this dish I kept thinking… “ew.” I love toasted cauliflower, I love riced cauliflower, I even love it raw, so why was I afraid to try it mashed up with garlic? I don’t know. The thought was weird. But OMG did it surprise me! I could not stop eating it! It has the consistency of mashed potatoes and the garlicky flavor in it was killer. I will say though, not a huge fan of them cold. They have to be warm, trust me. But hey, maybe you’ll like them cold! Whatever you fancy.
I served these last night with turkey meat sauce and roasted veggies and Sam and I demolished it. Definitely going to become a staple side dish in the Howard household!
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- coarse ground sea salt, to taste optional
- Cut the head of cauliflower in half and remove the stem. Chop cauliflower into small pieces and add to the steamer basket.
- Steam cauliflower for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Add steamed cauliflower to food processor and process until really smooth.
- Add minced garlic (I love it really garlicky) and a pinch of salt.
- Process again until throughly mixed.
- Transfer to bowl.
- If you would like it to be a tad rich, add 1 Tablespoon of grass-fed butter (ghee) or coconut oil.
Enjoy! And try not to kill too many people with that garlic breath 😉