A muffin that won’t give you a muffin-top. Sign me up! I love muffins. Egg muffins, savory muffins, sweet muffins. They are so easy to just grab’n go. And they are the perfect size! I find that when I bake loafs, I cut myself a huuuuuge (Donald Trump voice) slice, whereas a muffin is already a perfect serving size!
Lemon poppyseed is one of my favorite muffin flavors. It’s really light, airy, and refreshing, but also is a comfort food. I always try to bake grain-free, which is great if you have allergies or are simply trying to avoid grains! These muffins are also dairy-free, refined-sugar free, and oil-free 🙂 Doesn’t get much better than that. AND they held together beautifully. Ugh, baking win.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder (aluminum-free)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- juice, 2 lemons (about 1/2 cup)
- zest, 1 lemon
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (paleo-friendly)
- 2 T poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a separate bowl combine applesauce, lemon juice, lemon zest, eggs, honey and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in poppy seeds.
- Line a muffin tray with paper liners or grease well and divide batter evenly among wells.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in tray for 10 minutes.
- Remove from tray and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Will keep for several days in an airtight container!