When I was modeling in Chicago, of course I was all about the low-carb options. “Yes, I’ll have egg whites and tomatoes, please!” So boring. Eating such boring food all of the time is what sparked me to create recipes that are healthy, [sometimes] low-carb, and still delicious! I present to you… low-carb pancakes. Hold the applause.
Made with coconut flour and egg whites, these pancakes are so fluffy I’m gonna die.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 Tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of baking powder
- Coconut oil, for cooking
- Heat a skillet on medium/high heat and add a slab of coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, mix everything together, except the almond milk. Once the batter is thoroughly mixed, slowly add in the almond milk until it is a nice, thick consistency. Not too runny.
- Pour batter into pan and cook until golden brown on each side.
- I topped my pancakes with mashed blackberries, unsweetened coconut, and a drizzle of 100% pure maple syrup!