Smoothies should be a staple in every household. They are quick, nutritious, easy to make, and perfect for on-the-go. You can hide so many greens in smoothies, but still have it taste like dessert! I love to add protein powder to all of my smoothies because I hate drinking just protein powder + water. I like the consistency to be a bit thicker and with more substance. My favorite protein powder (at the moment) is Paleo Pro protein powder (I love the aztec vanilla). It is all natural, soy-free, whey-free, and contains beef and egg protein. I love that it is whey and soy-free. Whey and soy are not good for women to digest because it can screw up our hormones. Soy will also mess with men’s hormones; however, whey is fine for them. Just a fun fact 🙂 Stay AWAY from the WHEY. And soy. Trying to rhyme over here and failing miserably. Moving on…
I call this smoothie “paleo-ish” because I added Greek yogurt. I can handle dairy and love Greek yogurt, but if you are dairy-free or want this smoothie to be 100% paleo – skip the yogurt!
Here is the recipe for my Paleo protein smoooooothie. Enjoy ♥ And remember to #sweatonceaday
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/4 cup full-fat Greek yogurt*
- BIG handful of fresh spinach
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons whole flaxseeds
- 1 scoop Paleo Pro protein powder**
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until everything is thoroughly broken down.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
- I sprinkled chia seeds on mine 🙂
- *Omit yogurt to make the smoothie 100% paleo/dairy-free
- **I used Aztec Vanilla